TechSpot

Popcorn time

By DonMc
Apr 23, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I downloaded popcorn time 2.8.Beta from techspot website to my lap top , the movies play but are choppy and seem to be buffering can anyone tell me what is happening??

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,654   +323

Possible reasons:
    Not enough seeders
    Your bandwidth is too slow
    Too high of a bitrate video for your computer to handle
    Any combination of the above

3. DonMc

DonMc TS Rookie Topic Starter

Tell me how to fix it ! it works on my desktop fine how do I fix it on my laptop?

4. SNGX1275

Think you need to take a look at the link in my signature.

Without any more details I'm going to have to ask what the specs are for each.

5. DonMc

DonMc TS Rookie Topic Starter

Sorry about that I am not computer savy
    the laptop is a HP with quad core A4 5000 accelerated processor with radeon HD graphics
    500GB hard drive
    4096 MB ddr3 SDRAM w/ windows 8.1
    internet download speed 16.25 download
    1.09 upload
    I don't know what a seeder is
    I also run Netflix on this laptop without any problems

6. SNGX1275

Doesn't matter what the seeders have, although if there is only 1 seeder that is likely your issue. What are the specs on your desktop?

I don't know a whole lot about the A4 5000 (or any of the APUs for that matter), but in a brief quick search, it should be handling 720p mkvs just fine, and I would guess most 1080p but again I don't know much on those. If your desktop specs are significantly higher that may tell us something.

Suppose on the laptop when things aren't playing well you can take a look at the task manager and see what your CPU usage looks like.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.