Port Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

samjohnson

Ok so I am trying to set up a teamspeak server so that my friends and I can talk while we play games. But I think I need to forward the port that I set the server up on to actually be able to have people join my server. But I don't have a clue how to do this. Does anybody here know how? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does nobody know how to do this?? :(
I hope somebody does, I would like to know.

I just realized that I put this question in the wrong forum. My bad. :D

you need to know the
  1. ip address of your server
  2. protocol used (TCP vs UDP)
  3. the port(s) for the application

then you open the router config and add these values to the port forward table

Would you be able to give me some step by step instructions? I know all of the things you said I need to know but I don't know how to open the router config and add the values to the port forward table.

Ah got it, I am able to run it through a program called Hamachi. I just have the person connect to the network on hamachi then they are able to connect to my teamspeak server. But if anybody wants to tell me still how to forward ports it would still be great. :D

Ya I came across that site when searching google, but the problem is that I can't use it. :(
I don't know if you have ever heard of a company called Windstream, but they do DSL, TV, and phone service. So their router that we got for DSL is not a name brand. And is not on that list. SO unfortunately I can't use it. But thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back