Portal 2 is official, coming this holiday season

By Matthew
Mar 5, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's been over two years since the original Portal captivated cake lovers everywhere, and a proper sequel is now officially on the way. The first title accumulated such a following that it was arguably more popular than Half Life 2: Episode Two or Team Fortress 2 (other titles included in The Orange Box).

Read the whole story
  2. Wolfanoz

Wolfanoz Newcomer, in training

Can't wait for an angry GlaDOS! :)
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

Sweet! 2010 is turning out to be quite a year for gaming. :D
  4. Deso

Deso Newcomer, in training Posts: 130

I hope the game play reaches further then only puzzles like the first Portal, I'd like to use guns in missions against troops.
  5. CodePhoeniX

CodePhoeniX Newcomer, in training Posts: 36

valve updated portal 1, added a new achivement. on the steam forums there is/was a 300 page thread on the updates. valve did some cool stuff.
  6. Serag

Serag TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 179

Awesome!!!!
    Can't wait..
  7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

All I have to say is . . . AWESOME!
  8. PaulWuzHere

PaulWuzHere TechSpot Maniac Posts: 378

Nice, Always loved Portal. Made me dizzy for the first 30mins of gameplay. I miss my cube too... Why did he have to die?
  9. paynetrain007

paynetrain007 Newcomer, in training Posts: 86

HaHa. Can't wait. I wonder if it will be released in some sort of package.
  10. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,043   +84 Staff Member

Unlikely (from the article): Very limited details have been given, but the game will be a "full-fledged, standalone sequel" with "new gameplay mechanics, storyline, and some surprising new twists."

:) Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  11. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

Score! I guess the cake is real after all :)

12. DryIce

DryIce Newcomer, in training Posts: 60

The only thing that could make this moment more perfect would be the Companion Cube.
  13. ourboyblue

ourboyblue Newcomer, in training Posts: 19

Awesome, I never did get my cake.
  14. levar

levar Newcomer, in training Posts: 232

Awesome cover shots! Can't wait to read the article. I still need to finish playing Portal, I still got The Orange box somewhere in my room.
  15. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 892   +52

I have to say Portal was one of the most enjoyable games I've played in the last few years. I look forward to the sequel.
  16. Afroaggie

Afroaggie Newcomer, in training Posts: 30

The original Portal was an amazing game and I have been looking forward to its sequel for a while now. I am glad that it is coming this year.
  17. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

This is great news :) , so excited! Decided to start up Portal again the other day to check out the updates. I hope they have some really awesome new gameplay mechanics!
  18. cyrusjumpjet

cyrusjumpjet TechSpot Member Posts: 93

Valve, I love you. You have been making me so happy lately.

19. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 573   +31

SQUEEEE! With this I'm sure Half-life 2 episode 3 is 'just around the corner'!
  20. boyese

boyese Newcomer, in training Posts: 20

I liked the first one. I wasnt as fast as my other friends getting through the levels. Im looking forward to this.

what will the twists in the story line be!?
  21. yorro

yorro TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 243

Looks like there will be some set in the outdoors, could be the new mechanic?. I wonder how it will turn out.

2010 shall be a good year for gaming.
  22. eafshar

eafshar Newcomer, in training Posts: 86

wow really looking forward to this one.. i like that they are adding new game mechanics and its not gonna be just pure puzzles again.
  23. eafshar

eafshar Newcomer, in training Posts: 86

wow really looking forward to this one.. i like that they are adding new game mechanics and its not gonna be just pure puzzles again.
  24. Wolfleader

Wolfleader Newcomer, in training Posts: 60

Man this is gonna be great! So is there actually going to be cake this time? Or will it once again be GlaDOS teasing us?
  25. seefizzle

seefizzle Newcomer, in training Posts: 98   +11

This gives me a nerdy little hard on. Portal was one of the most entertaining and innovative games I've ever played. So simple, yet so perfect. I can't wait to play this game. Hell, I'll even pay for it instead of ripping it off, cause I want the guys at Valve to keep making games. Valve is one of the best companies out there.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.