Possible Remote Control

I have an HP Laptop Windows 10, and recently have discovered someone has been capable of "remotely" controlling my computer. I'm not sure if it may be that, or it could be an app or icloud account that I'm logged into. Whatever the case, someone is on my computer and putting possible malware and viruses on it. My computer is very slow at times, I've tried to do a reset on it but it doesn't fix the situation. I've ran virus scans with malwarebytes, norton, etc and it still doesn't detect anything. I'm not sure what it is I need to do to get them off, I've deleted my icloud accounts as well to see if that would kick them off but so far it hasnt helped.

I have experienced something similar to what you've explained but was hesitant to post my concern. I have a Dell desktop running Windows 10. Periodically a foreign or unidentified connection will show up, it appears as NETGEAR69. Not sure what that means exactly. At times my mouse pointer will completely stop moving, then fly across the page. Some of my settings will be changed, like window sizes, etc. I have Avast running all the time and now even using their Internet browser. Strange things usually occur after a Windows update but I don't know if that could be the cause. I would like to be able to offer some insight for you but I'm as baffled as anyone about what's happening.

someone has been capable of "remotely" controlling my computer
Be sure to disable the Remote Assistant
How to disable Remote Assistance on Windows 10
  • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on System and Security. ...
    • Under the "System" section, click the Allow remote access option. ...
    • Click the Remote tab.
    • Under the "Remote Assistance" section, clear the Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer option. ...
    • Click the Apply button.
unidentified connection will show up, it appears as NETGEAR69.
The NETGEAR69 "looks like" a router SSID, but does not need to be one.
  1. at least change the ADMIN login password
  2. recommend you change the WiFi password too.

Back