Power supply choice

I'm needing to find out if the power supply I bought is going to do the trick for my new motherboard. My power supply is a Tesla 500 TE BR, WHICH WAS powering my asus M5A78LMUSB3 with AMD FX 4170 CPU. 8G HYPERX FURY DDR3 1866HZ RAM. After a lot of problems and a lot of cash. I've bought new HDD, new RAM, New Windows 10 home. Still with problems everything is pointing to mobo or cpu so I'm changing mobo first off. I'm getting the GIGABYTE GA970A DS3P mobo and I'll put my AMD FX 4170 into it carefully. He cpu and ram are both compatible with it but I'm needing to find out if my power supply is upto it. Tesla 500 TE BR.

600watts even should hold him pretty steady, even down the road when he decides its finally time to move on.
Whatever he builds next will be enough to fit the bill and still have plenty of power to chew off of.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9QL1IvMzU2MDMxL29yaWdpbmFsL1Bvd2VyLnBuZw==

The 4170 uses more power than I thought it would.
Source: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-4170-core-i3-3220-benchmarks,3314-8.html

And yes, the user won't see this much usage based on what was used to get it, but that processor does eat up more watts than expected.

Back