Power supply fitting in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekieNick101

Hey everybody,
I have a case without power supply switch port and as I already know if I want to replace the power supply I have to find one without an power supply power switch on the back of it and I looked hard on newegg and on tigerdirect. I wanted an antec but thats out of the question because all 20 of them that newegg sells have switchs on them. The only one I found without a switch so far was on tgierdirect and its only 230w and thats what I have now. Also how many watts do you think I should get? Thank you very much

Will a power supply with a switch fit or not I was told it wouldnt and that does make sense since there is not a slot for it to go and I dont want to really cut or change anything on the case Thanks everyone

i don't understand what you mean? what type of psu do you have currently? ATX etc? they should be all standard fittings for each type as far as i know, switch or no switch (4 screw holes and 1 big hole)...

post a pic if you can..

Yes, if you have an ATX case, then it has to accept any ATX power supply, switch or no switch.

Besides, you can always make the hole for the switch if it doesn't fit otherwise :D

Thank you for the replys Its not an ATX case its BTX and U dont have the software installed yet in my computer for my digital camera but its an dell e310 system. Thank you very much everybody

The BTX standard does not define power supply units. You can use ATX, SFX, LFX, CFX - anything that fits your case.

Of course, since you have a Dell, your PSU may be some proprietary perversion that only Dell itself can sell you. Just look at your current PSU (manufacturer markings, serial numbers, screw holes) and figure out whether it is sth standard or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back