Power Supply for new computer

By dandaman123
Dec 27, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am building a new computer. Here is the Specs of what is goig in it: AMD Phenom Quad Core Processor 9600 CPU, GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3 Motherboard, Antec Nine Hundred Case (with 4 big fans in it), 2-2 Gig Supertalent ddr2 800 CL5 ram with an MSI 8800GT OC video card with 3 SATA HD's (all Western Digital 2-250 gig and 1-160 gig) and a Samsung SATA DVD Burner on windows Ultimate 64 bit.

My question is what power supply should i use? I have build computers before but this is topping my knowledge. Would a standard 400 Watt Hi-pro (model number HP-E4009F5W) be sufficent since i am not doing SLI?

All comments would be appreciated.

This power supply would be temp for about 2 months till i get Antec NeoHE 650 High Efficiency 650W Power Supply.
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

google PSU calculator. Add 30% to the results for cushion. Then buy a QUALITY PSU. If you buy cheap, you run the risk of destroying your nice, new system.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.