Power Supply Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbob956

Hey everyone, Im new here. I just got a new computer a few weeks ago. It has a 250w power supply. I want to buy a new one, but this one thats in, I don't think its meant to come out, there are really well fitted brackets holding it in place, the brackets look like they have been put there tos top people messing with it. I bought it from a computer manufacturer as a complete package. Do you think the company have done this on purpose. I think its an Powerman/in-win power supply and i think my case might be in-win. I could get the power supply out if i rip the bracket out. What do yout think I should do, rip it out, or leave it be with the 250w power supply in. The reason I want a new power supply is because im getting a new graphics card. Maybe A New ATI X800.

Cheers For Any Suggestions.

AMD Athlon XP 2700+ 2.17GHz
MSI MOBO
512 MB RAM
128MB GEFORCE 4
120GB HD
CD/DVD
56k MODEM

The PSU went in there somehow and it has to be possible to replace it for mainteance so it has to come out too.

But if it's not a standard PSU then you may have trouble fitting in your new one and connecting it to the motherboard.

They dilibertly make it like that.. they dont want people doing what your doing, but by all means its a good thing for you and I.

Just be sure its not a special shape/size, etc, and its got standard plugs on it (as well as the mobo taking the standard ATX plug).

You probably will have a REAL hard time getting it out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back