Votes: 2 9.5%
  • PC Power & Cooling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SeaSonic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OCZ

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
I will edit to include those. Though I've not met many that use SeaSonic... assumed that would be included under "other". Remember, I do have a ten-option limit, so choose wisely which will be included.

Some other good makes:
Corsair, FSP Group, Silverstone, Zalman

My Favorite 5 are:
PCP&C, Corsair, Zalman, SeaSonic, and Silverstone.

I used to like antec and ocz as well. ;)

Don't have to be a senior member. Just spicing it up. You run out of things to lead these off with once you've created six of them.

OCZ? Horrors. Awrful, after a good marketing start.
Here are mine, ranked: PCP&C - incredibly good, FSP Group, Antec, Sparkle, Coolermaster, Zalman, Seasonic, Silverstone.
We have had good luck with the Corsair, but like the OCZ, you tear them apart and each one is different. They are just varisous Chinese power supplies with marketing labels.

I Don't Know If I Should Have Answered This Poll....

So far I've only used Antecs, and I'm not anywhere near fond of them.

1: Antec Smart Power 2.0 350 Watt. In a P4 system with integrated graphics.
lasted almost 2 years. Then came the high-pitched whine and failure to boot.

2: Antec Smart Power 2.0 400 Watt (bought with a case as "B" stock) +1.5 Volts reads 1.264 Volts (almost 20% error)

3: Antec EA380 (Earth Watts) replaced the 350 Smart Power. Don't know yet. It's been running the computer for a couple of weeks.

I got a rebate on the 350, The 400 was cheap, and I should get a rebate on the EA 350. So I can't complain about them being cheap PSUs since I actually bought cheap PSUs.

I'm conflicted here, help me

You won't get rebates on most brands of power supplies. Antec apparently stands behid their product. Next time get something over 400 watts, whether is it an Antec or the even more horrible OCZ which has nearly a 100 percent failure rate over two short years in our neighborhood.

You might as well include all 87 brands commonly sold. If you include APEVIA, and Rosewill, all the rest should be listed.
You could easily add Delta, Sparkle, Enhance, FSP Group, Corsair, and OCZ.
Seasonic, FSP, Sparkle, and Delta make a lot of those "Sold By" others.
You can tell who really made the power supply by their UL numbers.
Seasonic makes power supplies for Corsair, OCZ, PC Power and Cooling, and many other brands.
OCZ are made by several different manufacturers, as OCZ is merely a label. Think of them as Sold By. Same with Corsair, Rosewill, and so many others.
Power supplies are made to sell, to market. Not all Antecs are made by Antec. Same with CoolMax, and Cooler Master, and perhaps a great number of others.
Now that PCPower and Cooling is part of the OCZ consortium, they do not make all of their power supplies.
With at least 87 different "sold by" power supplies with the common difference only being the label slapped on them, the fact that manufacturers change while the label remains the same, and the UL numbers difficult to interpret as to whom the real manufacturer is, the entire exercise is a joke.
Why include in a "comparison" with a Seasonic with a Rosewill

That guy who said minions said:

beef_jerky4104 said:
WTF man? Your not a senior member (neither am I).

I'm fond of Raidmax PSUs.

You are all my Minions!!! ( Except for Howard, he helped me with viruses and stuff so he's like... Mega-Man from the Nintendo 64 )

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :evil:

I have that OCZ 700w PSU ( click it!!! ) and I never had problems at all, ThermaTelkaala is good but their stuff gets hot sometimes which I don't like.

Hardly anybody has trouble with their power supplies... only a very few who really push them... or who have extremely powerful video graphics cards... and owners of eMachines, Sony VAIO's, HP's, Compaqs, and Gateways with the Bestec brand 145 to 185 watt power supply.
Wattage means nothing. Amperage and then quality of construction that prevents sudden dips in output.

I had to vote Other because I personally like Ultra. All of mine have given me the best value per dollar possible... I got them free and none of them has ever failed over the past five years. :)

For a little fun, and learning, always jot down the UL number on the label of the power supply. That is where you learn the actual manufacturer of power supplies sold in the USA... over time you get quite a picture of what is really going on... and how much is pure marketing.

Update....Antec 2.0.........

captaincranky said:
So far I've only used Antecs, and I'm not anywhere near fond of them.
1: Antec Smart Power 2.0 350 Watt. In a P4 system with integrated graphics.
lasted almost 2 years. Then came the high-pitched whine and failure to boot.

raybay said:
You won't get rebates on most brands of power supplies. Antec apparently stands behid their product. Next time get something over 400 watts, whether is it an Antec or the even more horrible OCZ which has nearly a 100 percent failure rate over two short years in our neighborhood.

I got with Antec and RMA'd my Smart Power 350. In short order they provided me with a BRAND NEW "Earth Watts" EA380. In light of these emerging developments, I must give my "favorite power supply" nod to those great guys at Antec.

Back