Powersupply or Overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been experiencing a few problems with my computer lately due to overheating(not so sure), so i decided to remove my hsf and try to clean it up and add some thermal paste, when i was cleaning it, beacuse lately i been trying to figure out whats making my computer to turn off and i cant turn it back on until a few mins later and I still cant figure it out whats causing it. With the new thermal paste , I brought back my idle temp to about 20c and it used to be around 35-40c idle. But at the end it didn't work out because it turned off again, someone said to try running 3dmark and I did, my computer turned off during the second demo and i ran it again and this time it went all the way through without turning off. So im stump now.... dont know what the problem could be now.

I have done a format, thinking it was the drivers and it still does the same thing.

specs:
ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe
Intel Pentium 4 3.4C Northwood 800MHz
OCZ Enhanced Latency 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400
ASPIRE X-Superalien ATXA6SW-BK/500
BFG 6800 GT

hah, have you re-doing your heatsink with thermal paste? CHECK the CPU fan wire is plugged.

Set the shut-down temp to 70oC

Let us know if your computer goes klutz

Lucan

p.s. nice computer config :)

i dont think my bios has that support where i can change my temp so it wont turn off when it reaches that temp.

people are saying its the powersupply but im not sure if i should go for a new Heatsink or a new psu... im not rich that i cant be investing in more stuff for my computer.

I also recently changed from 5900 Nvidia 128mb to 6800 GT OC 256 MB.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

im sure it is the power supply especially the fact if its the stock psu and that u updated to a new g-card.. u might need a psu with more power
plus i envy yuor temps
30 C idle???
i get 55 idle

"if you search the web you'll find a really interesting movie where a PIII, an Athlon and a P4 are filmed while the heatsink is removed: the PIII simply hangs, the Athlon lovely burns with the motherboard itself and the P4 simply slows down working perfectly"
Speedfan

thanks alot guys ... i feel the love heh... IM going to get a PSU and I keep you guys posted... yea my idle temp is low heh .. *kisses* artic silver

well i purchase a new powersupply and it fixed my problem.. woot

this is what i bought - OCZ PowerStream OCZ520ADJSLI 520W Power Supply been runnning and playing games likes crazy and it hasnt turned off on me and been using this psu for about a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back