President Biden appoints Jessica Rosenworcel as Federal Communications Commission Chairwoman

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Why it matters: President Joe Biden has removed the interim tag from Federal Communications Commission Acting Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel, promoting her to full-time Chairwoman. The appointment marks the first time in history that a woman has served in this capacity.

Rosenworcel was nominated by President Barack Obama in 2011. She joined the FCC as a commissioner in 2012 and was nominated for a second term by President Donald Trump in 2017. Some thought she might get the nod as the first female chair when former Chairman Julius Genachowski resigned in 2013, but Tom Wheeler ultimately ended up filling the position.

Wheeler relinquished the position in early 2017 when Trump took office and was succeeded by Ajit Pai, who in turn left this past January when the Biden administration came in. Rosenworcel has served as interim Chairwoman since that time.

The White House also announced that Biden has nominated Gigi B. Sohn as an FCC Commissioner. Sohn worked under Wheeler for a couple of years but left the FCC when Trump came into power. If confirmed, Sohn would be the first openly LGBTIQ+ Commissioner in the history of the FCC.

FCC Commissioners Brendan Carr and Geoffrey Starks, in separate statements, congratulated Rosenworcel on her nomination to serve another five-year term and designation as Chairwoman of the FCC.

It’s unclear if the Senate plans to confirm the nominations before the end of the year, or why the president waited so long to make his picks. Nevertheless, should the confirmations be approved, the Democrats would once again enjoy a 3-2 majority over Republicans.

Permalink to story.

"If confirmed, Sohn would be the first openly LGBTIQ+ Commissioner in the history of the FCC."

Nobody cares if the alphabet mafia get their representation, all we care about is if this person will do anything to fix the utter mess her predecessors left us with, or will this be more of the same as usual I..E. shoveling money into the hands of ATT, Verizon, et al while screwing over the consumer and small business/startup owners.

Also get it right, it's the LGBTIQ2SAA+. Gotta get half the keyboard in there.

"If confirmed, Sohn would be the first openly LGBTIQ+ Commissioner in the history of the FCC."

Nobody cares if the alphabet mafia get their representation, all we care about is if this person will do anything to fix the utter mess her predecessors left us with, or will this be more of the same as usual I..E. shoveling money into the hands of ATT, Verizon, et al while screwing over the consumer and small business/startup owners.

Their acronoym is what I would get if I smashed my head into the keyboard.

Maybe this will help you determine if she is to your liking and will help undo Ashit Pai's corporate pandering. https://www.techspot.com/search/?cx...y&cof=FORID:11&ie=UTF-8&q=Jessica+Rosenworcel

Yeah, was going to say, what in the world does that have anything to do with your post and doing your job. Whatever you do on your own time is on you unless it impacts the role you've been hired to do, no one needs to know... I never hear at work, "Let's welcome our new employee, Frank Smith who is filling the role of graphics designer. Let's give him a warm welcome since Frank's the company's first Furry who loves painting puppet's feet with his chiwawa, 'Mr. Powderbuns'."

So, how about informing us about their background, expertise and conflicts of interest (or lack thereof), values, plans,… rather than their gender and sexual orientation which I could not care less about ?

Having someone better than the predecessor would be great, but I unfortunately can‘t tell based on this article.

agreed why do I need to know who people sleep with? I dont care what you do in the bedroom or in the car. just do a good job at your job

Who the f*** cares about the sexual preferences of the woman. Who cares if she is "the first woman" appointed as chair of the FCC. It is all irrelevant. The only thing relevant is whether she is even qualified for the job, and will perform well. And since we are talking about government, it is another un-elected bureaucrat who will be crap anyway.

That piece of sh!t needs to be taken out into the town square and put in stocks......naked, and in winter.
Of all the failures of the trump administration, Pai was maybe THE poster child for selling out, and DeJoy is, in my opinion, the poster child for incompetence.

Lots of candidates for both, but I favor those 2 as the "winners."

Rosenworcel was a communications attorney before she went on to the FCC and is pro NN. Sounds good to me.

What do all these letters "LGBTIQ+" even mean? :confused:

All I'm getting out of it is, that until someone puts their hand on her a**, they won't know if they'll be getting slugged, sued, or screwed.

Is this > :poop: < the symbol for "ambiguity"? Or does it have a "deeper" meaning?

Last edited:
Dr._Levine_State_Portrait.jpg

OK, now pay attention kidz. Homo sapiens exhibits "sexual dimorphism". Which simply means that the (ostensibly only), two sexes have different characteristics, according to their gender..

One of the secondary sexual differences, (those apart from the blatantly obvious), is a thicker and more protruding "brow ridge". (Think of it as a "cave man brow").

So boy boyz, always check above the eye, before you, "slide into 3rd base", as it were, or you could be in for a nasty surprise

I think Dr. Levine, (pictured above), was some sort of "first", in the Biden administration as well.

Being in the perennial state of teenage flux that I am, when Dr. Levine would come on TV, (she was our state's health director before Biden "drafted her"),, with my banal juvenile insensitivity, I would say to myself, "wow that's the ugliest woman I've even seen". :eek: (No wonder my grandmother was always washing my mouth out with soap)

And for you students of photography, who would like to duplicate a wondrous work of art such as this, alas, you're going to have to be an expert at lighting, and use every skin softening and soft focus filter Photoshop has to offer. Hang in there. (so to speak).

The White House also announced that Biden has nominated Gigi B. Sohn as an FCC Commissioner.
OK kidz, let's think about this for a moment, is anyone named "Gigi", really "fit to rule"?

All you'd have to do is change her last name from, "Sohn", to, "Swan", and turn her loose on a stripper pole.

OK look, I know I'm a homophobic, misogynistic pig dog, and a sociopath. But ya gotta admit, I'm fun to be with....:rolleyes::p 🤣

Last edited:
All I'm getting out of it is, that until someone puts their hand on her a**, they won't know if they'll be getting slugged, sued, or screwed.
And of course some would appreciate all 3 ;)

is anyone named "Gigi", really "fit to rule"?
My niece is named Georgette and goes by Gigi. So maybe❓

OK look, I know I'm a homophobic, misogynistic pig dog, and a sociopath.
Now days it seems we all are in one way or another.....Even if we aren't.

Sexual orientation, nor any other identity group, has not nor will ever be adequate qualification. It is, however, for cultists.
I would have said haters, but I get what you mean.
OTOH, This is what "affirmative action" looks like when it works its way "up" to the LGBTQ crowd. It takes root and sprouts wings:

_107324120_billyporter976_2.jpg

So tell me, at what point does "he's just showing off", become a full blown narcissistic personality disorder?

Frankly, the world would be better off without marking these "milestones in hiring", such as Jessica Rosenworcel's.

. Let's face facts, Gen.Colin Powell was black all his life, and look how far he made it. (And another imbecile of a Republican American president, George "Dubbya" Bush, forced him to make that disastrous speech at the UN). Yet Gen. Powell took the blame, and retired gracefully)..

Last edited:
Back