Primary Hard Drive Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i need some help i am trying to install my new hard drive eide, I already format the hard drive using Windows Xp and I already copy all the files but when the conputer restarts it says Primary Master drice fails, I already check the cables and sitch the jumper and nothing still saying the same thing, does some know what can i do at this point

You need to go into the computer's BIOS and check the "Boot Menu" to find out where your new drive is located in the boot order. Check you machines manual to find out which key to use to get into the BIOS, many times it's the delete key. The drive obviously was recognized by the machine at some point, or you would have not been able to install Windows.

I did that, when i finish installing windows i click f1 to get in to bios and it did recognized the hard drive and i went to the boot menu and it was there in order 3 but when I go out of the bios and trying to boot the hard drive it says the same thing (primary master drive fails) and then it give me options like f1 to set up or f2 to continue and I hit f1 and it goes to bios and it is not there anymore

You'll need to give us more information about your system specs, so that we can try to find a way to help you.

i think that is to old is like 7 years old, i'll change the mother board, it has 512 mb ram (ddr) and it had 120 gb hard drive 2.6 ghz intel celeron processor and i was trying to change it to 320 gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back