Print key

circusboy01

My Microsoft wireless key board has a print key. It the P key. It has *Print on the front edge of the key.
How does it work? I tried using it to print something, but nothing happened. I tried it with enter, with ctr alt del or variations of. Nothing worked. Before you ask. Yes my printer was turned on ;0)
Thanks.

Is it a special function key (usually blue print on the keys), requiring you to press the "Function Key" at the same time to activate?

Edit:
After you press the print key, goto a paint program and paste to see if the screen printed to clipboard. I know when I press the "Prt Scr" key a screen capture is sent to clipboard.

Is it a special function key (usually blue print on the keys), requiring you to press the "Function Key" at the same time to activate?

Edit:
After you press the print key, goto a paint program and paste to see if the screen printed to clipboard. I know when I press the "Prt Scr" key a screen capture is sent to clipboard.

So it doesn't activate the printer? I thought, or at least I was hoping, that you could use it to print what ever was on your screen.
You say "the function key". Don't I have 12 function keys? F1 thru F12, or does F not stand for function?

When you stated there was a different function listed on the P key, I assumed you have a notebook. I've never really seen a standard keyboard that had special functions on the standard keys. Maybe Wikipedia can explain the Fn key better than I can.

Print, Print Screen and Prt Scn keys in normal operation "print" (read as copy) the desktop to the clipboard, so you can paste the image in a photo/picture editing application.

If your keyboard has additional function keys you'll need to refer to the product information and/or manual to identify what they are. Most keyboards with them also have downloadable software to enable you to "map" what the keys do when pressed.

Hi all, I have the same on a MS 1000 W/L keyboard. Some of the keys do have the 'old' 'cut/copy/paste' etc shortcuts that always work, for anyone who learned them. The marks on the front edge of the keys are an asterisk with a small hole in middle, and there are the same marks on each Ctrl key..... therefore meaning 'Ctrl & P' for example.
When I do 'Ctrl+P' it brings up the 'select which printer' dialogue box, gives a print range of 'all' and is waiting for the 'Print' to be pressed. I don't have a printer, so can't say what would have happened.
The separate 'PrtScn' key copies the current screen to the clipboard, I use it often.
O/S here is Win7 HP.

Back