Print preview does not match document

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I am new and hope someone can assist me. I have a word document with a border around the pages. When I looked in Print Preview all was fine. I have just installed the Dell All In One 946 and now suddenly the border on the right does not show up in print preview. I have tested it with another printer and there is no issue

thanks for the help
LC

Howdy mate. have u printed the document and is it bad when it is printed?
What i suggest you do is go to word, print, then click properties and then paper setup and make sure it is on a4 sized paper and make sure it is on whatever orientation u want it to be. hope this helps mate. bye!

Hi - that doesn't work....here is the deal...I have a word document that looks great...when I do Print Preview in Word it does not show the right side of the page (only a bit, but enough to not show the border). Printing is exactly like the print preview, so no issue there, apart from that it does not print the document as I want it to. The print preview worked perfectly before I installed the printer....and also works on other printers....

Did you download the latest driver from Dell?

Yeah I had some more words typed here, but I was real wrong, so I edited it out, so I wouldn't look like a complete illiterate. There goes my integrity.

Thanks - I will be checking if I have the latest drivers...one small correction, the print preview and hardcopy print look exactly the same....the difference is between the "normal" document and the print preview...cheers

Hi

updated the drivers and still no luck...have the latest firmware installed as well from Dell.....even when I tell my printer I have put in small paper, one would assume it is printing smaller, but even then......

PLEASE HELP>>>>>>>>

How about, in page/printer setup, reduce page margins?

Also, how far from the edge is the missing stuff? Not all printers can print to the paper edge.

Thanks - have done all that....doesn't work....the border is like 31pt from the edge...set to the maximum, but no luck either....thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back