Printer canon i350

Status
Not open for further replies.
the printer was bought two years ago. It worked fine until last month.

the error message says "The appropriate print head is not installed."
I sent a message to canon's service department, the response is to buy a new print head.

I never did any inside cleaning or maintenance except refilling the ink cartridges. the pritner is kept clean.

the questions are:

any solution to fix this error?
should I order a new print head?
may it be any other problems besides the print head?

If you have been using inks from a third party (not Canon) you have probably trashed the print head. A new print head is usually more than a replacement printer. Sorry, and I know the price of the ink, but the lesson is never ever use 3rd party inks or cartridges.

thanks

I tried to buy a new print head from canon, but canon's customer service is not efficient, could not provide much help.

I went to the local Stapler Store asking for a print head, but they don't carry it.

the new canon printers use a cartridge+print-head in one body cartridge, the cost is $48. the labeled price for a new canon printer is $58 (approximately)

Stapler offered a good deal, they provide an extended warranty on printers, i.e. one year producer's warranty plus one year Stapler's warranty.

the term is good.

The cashier said that before the Stapler's warranty expires, you may go to the store, tell them that you would like to change a new one because of the poor performance of the printer. They will change a new one for you.

It might be the best solution.

I bought a new printer from the Stapler, though another canon, $58 plus tax, because my wife wouldn't take a HP printer.

with a Stapler extended warranty of $7 (approx).

AlbertLionheart said:
If you have been using inks from a third party (not Canon) you have probably trashed the print head. A new print head is usually more than a replacement printer. Sorry, and I know the price of the ink, but the lesson is never ever use 3rd party inks or cartridges.
yes, I used refill kits for the cartridges.

the printer was used lightly, printing family documents occasionally.

refill kits are convenient for family use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back