Printer showing up in device manager but cant print

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Hi, I have a canon s200spx, and have Vista Ultimate, the printer is showing up in device manager, but not in printers and faxes, or applications such as word etc...

any ideas?

I just get the option of "installing the microsoft xpx document writer". I have also tried updating the printer, but no updates could be found... It also says when clicking view driver version that "No driver software is needed or installed for this hardware"

The Canon site has a list of Vista approved drivers AND alternate drivers for SOME presently non-supported printers.

You MUST install the drivers FIRST then connnect the printer (per their clear instructions).

If no driver is available (including an alternate), then you are presently out of luck.

:)

Well, apparently the driver is part of Vista's standard drivers, but unfortunately my self made "lite" version, got rid of them all... Anywhere I can download em? Or can someone upload it from their driver folder?

I did:( Nothing usefull... can someone with vista please upload their driver, should be less than 1mb... pretty please:( I need to print off some really important documents

I know, I did that too:( But I believe the problem is that it is an add on module, for added functionality, providing you have the basic driver, which I dont... Heres the story: I downloaded a torrent for windows vista, so I could have the trial, BUT, it was a lite version which came without the 800mb of preinstalled printer drivers, so I have bought a cd key, and activated Windows, but I still dont have the printer drivers, as it is still a lite version, so basically, I think what needs to happen, is for someone with the full version of Vista, to upload their canon s200spx driver from their driver folder in windows directory (I think??)... I'm in a seriously tight spot, I need to hand in some very important work tomorrow, and have no alternative...

Korrupt

do this steps..
1.) uninstall your printer in device manager
2.) restart the computer
(if you have a registry cleaner, clean your registry first)
3.)If you have a driver cd, install it at ones, if you don't have one, download the latest driver in cannon website.
4.)plug the device in your computer and it will respond and detects a new hardware has been installed.
5.)If your pc responds "Your hardware has been installed but it will not work properly" then go to device manager, right click the device and try to click update driver. Try update it in the internet..

hope it helps

So you need someone to install the driver for you on their machine and then copy the .inf file to you..? or do you need a particular file from the driver folder?

i'll attempt to help you once my onecare is finished doing whatever its doing...

btw.. i haven't even heard of vista lite before.....

Hi, no I dont think someone will actually have to install the driver, It *should* be somewhere in c:/windows/system32/driver folder, and have a .sys extension... If someone could email/upload that for me, It'd be hugely apprecaited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back