TechSpot

Private Message pop ups

By SNGX1275
Mar 10, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. Now before people go saying "you can turn that off" hear me out.
    Just recently when I get a private message it pops up like normal, I read it then reply or close. Then I continue browsing the forums, if I hit back or click on the 3D Spotlight OpenBoards link that private message pops up again, the only way I can get it to quit is to delete the message, but I usually keep them around for a bit, or I have to hit mark all forums read, I don't want that cause I haven't read them all.
    Last week I'd get a private message and read it then I could go back to the boards page and I wouldn't get the popup again. Was something changed? Or did I just get lucky to not have this happen to me.
    I guess I'll actually turn the popup off if this is a permanate thing, but I did like getting a popup when I actually recieved one. Getting a popup after I've read it though is kind of annoying.

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,602   +357

Has never happened to me before but sounds like a 'cookies' problem, anyone experienced this too?

3. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Never happened to me....

What browser(s) are you using?

4. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,627   +113

I haven't experienced this problem as of yet.
    One pop up per message and one only...
    I always opt to open them in a new window and then close the window afterwards...

5. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

check you PM's @ the beginning of each session,

IMPORTANT: that you either check you PM's @ the beginning of each session, or enable pop-up PM window. Mods or other members may be trying to PM you!

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Topic Starter Posts: 12,687   +334

Re: Re: Private Message pop ups

IE 6 in XP

It happened for 2 days and now all the sudden it has stopped happening, so I guess its not a problem anymore.

7. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,919   +9

I could write some comments about IE6 but decided not to..
    Anyway, sometimes I forget to allow JavaScript to open new windows. I disable it so that those popups won't appear (in various sites).
    Mozilla 0.9.7

8. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

That's funny. Lucky it did not happen to me.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.