problem booting into win server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everybody!!!

i had win xp and win server 2003 on my hard disk.... one fine day i had some errors in win xp.... so i decided to delete winxp manually.. i mean deleted the windows folder of winxp from one of the drives... and then installed win xp again....
Now i have a problem ... i'm not able to boot into win server 2003... whenever i try to boot by selectin win 2003 from the intial boot screen the system again reboots n comes back to the boot screen again.... so is there any way so that i can boot into win 2003????...
the win xp is working fine... it has no problems whatsoever....
i hope u got my problem....

Insert win2003/Xp installation cd/dvd and boot into manual repair mode = recovery console.

log on to the windows 2003 installation
when all goes fine, type the following to reconstruct your bootsector and re-init the windows xp/win2003 bootmenu.

fixboot<enter>
bootcfg /rebuild<enter>

next you add the installations you want in the menu (it will search for available installations). you must specify a name and boot parameter. specify as boot parameters for the windows xp and windows 2003; /fastdetect /noexecute=alwaysoff

when you added both.

exit<enter>

the system will restart and you will be able to boot in 2003 and xp.
(if nothing else is corrupt).

Good luck.
Xero

It will.

Let us know i you succeeded. Thankz. :grinthumb :grinthumb :grinthumb :grinthumb

win 2003 server

i tried tis above procedure but to no avail...........it is bootin into win xp but not win sever.........but wen i used da bootcfg /rebuild it did detect 2 os on da hard disk.... i have no idea wat to do now!!!!!
ne ways thanks for ur suggestion....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back