problem booting into win server 2003

By sanushks
Jan 29, 2006
  1. hello everybody!!!

i had win xp and win server 2003 on my hard disk.... one fine day i had some errors in win xp.... so i decided to delete winxp manually.. i mean deleted the windows folder of winxp from one of the drives... and then installed win xp again....
    Now i have a problem ... i'm not able to boot into win server 2003... whenever i try to boot by selectin win 2003 from the intial boot screen the system again reboots n comes back to the boot screen again.... so is there any way so that i can boot into win 2003????...
    the win xp is working fine... it has no problems whatsoever....
    i hope u got my problem....
  2. xero

xero TS Rookie Posts: 94

Insert win2003/Xp installation cd/dvd and boot into manual repair mode = recovery console.

log on to the windows 2003 installation
    when all goes fine, type the following to reconstruct your bootsector and re-init the windows xp/win2003 bootmenu.

bootcfg /rebuild<enter>

next you add the installations you want in the menu (it will search for available installations). you must specify a name and boot parameter. specify as boot parameters for the windows xp and windows 2003; /fastdetect /noexecute=alwaysoff

when you added both.

the system will restart and you will be able to boot in 2003 and xp.
    (if nothing else is corrupt).

Good luck.
  3. sanushks

sanushks TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks... i'll try to do this....i hope it works....
  4. xero

xero TS Rookie Posts: 94

It will.

Let us know i you succeeded. Thankz. :grinthumb :grinthumb :grinthumb :grinthumb
  5. sanushks

sanushks TS Rookie Topic Starter

win 2003 server

i tried tis above procedure but to no is bootin into win xp but not win sever.........but wen i used da bootcfg /rebuild it did detect 2 os on da hard disk.... i have no idea wat to do now!!!!!
    ne ways thanks for ur suggestion....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.