Problem building a computer and i cant make it live... PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slickhitler

hi i am building a computer but plan on using my harddrives from my old computer... i am using
motherboard - asus a8s-x
Processor - AMD Athlon 4000+ San Deigo Core
Ram - PNY 3200 1GB X2
Video Card - ATI Radeon X700
DVD Burner - NEC SONY somthing or other
Case (i wouldent think this would matter) - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=720575&CatId=1847
Power Supply - Thermaltake TR2-430W
~~~
heres the problem:
i put it all together... it turns on all the fans spin and what not... but i get no picture?!?!
i reset the cmos and tried a different video card... i even tried my card in my girlfriends brothers computer... and it worked...
is there a way i can update the bios without needing the screen???

Things to check.

You did use the standoffs between the mobo and the case didn`t you?

If you did, make sure there are no shorts between the mobo and the case anywhere.

Make sure everything is connected and seated properly, including the video card and that the monitor is properly connected.

If none of that helps, try taking everything out of the case and build it outside the case on a piece of cardboard. See if you still have the same problem.

If you do, then maybe the mobo is faulty.

Also, you are aware that you old hard drive won`t work with the new mobo aren`t you? You may be lucky and get away with a Windows repair, but you may also have to format and reinstall from scratch. This is because your hard drive will contain all the drivers etc for the old mobo and won`t work with the new one.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back