TechSpot

Problem::How to force uninstallation on Symantec Client Corporate Edition

By ABAMOTO
Mar 10, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For some reason, I cannot access one of my clients from my Symantec System Center Console. I did an installation, scanned for viruses (got 2 threats but cleaned them), and the next time I tried to access this client in order to configure some settings, it displays a message of "verify that the client is currently running Symantec AntiVirus". I am postive that that program was running fine.

So I thought, ok, how about I uninstall and reinstall? Nah, a window would pop up during uninstallation requesting for a password? I do not whether it is Symantec's password or Windows OS password? Currently that computer has no password and I have tried all possible passwords but could not activate this uninstallation.

Is there anyway to force an uninstallation? Perhaps I should login in Safe Mode? I would like to ask around first in case there might be something wrong with my Symantec Server / Client, etc.

Thank you for any info -)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.