Problem installing Carmageddon 2 on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I'm new here so just want to say hello to everyone and hope that someone can help me with this problem...

there are many guides on the net and some threads here about running Carmageddon 2 on Windows XP. However, most of these start with "... once you have installed the game..."

here lies my problem- I can't even get the game to install. When I click on "install" a pop-up appears with the following message:

"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."

Has anybody here experienced this problem before and managed a way to allow the installation of this great game?!?!

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Hazza

Thankyou for the tip Peddant! It worked perfectly and the game is now installed!

Just got to get the actual game to load up now... thats another problem altogether but thanks very much for your help!

[LEFT]I like to play older games sometimes so I downloaded
the XP FIX just in case... Thanks Peddant :) [/LEFT]

Yeah hats off to Peddant as I wouldn't be able to play this great game any more without that XP fix! Got the game working a few minutes ago and its every bit as good as it was 8 years ago!!

can anyone help me 4 installing carmageddon 2 in winXP

error message is "please go to the control panel to install and configure syatem components"

please help me:dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back