Problem installing Geforce 7600 GS video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all i recently purchased a Geforce 7600 GS 256mb ddr2 video card i checked all the system and hardware requirements needed to run the video card and all seems fine until i tried fitting the video card into the mother board using the same slot i always use for video cards, the video card seems to not fit properly into the slot it fits in but still a bit loosem, unlike my other video cards. After fitting i turned on the PC i see the fan moving but nothing comes up on the screen someone please help !!. also if people thinks its the power supply its not it says it requires a 350w power pack and i do have one.

If it does not fit in the slot properly then it is the wrong card, it's as simple as that.

So both the card and the motherboard/slot are AGP? Then it should be fine. Are there any "keys" (slits) in the card and slot that don't line up?

What motherboard?

All cards and motherboards adhere to standards for size as far as PCI/AGP/PCIe slots are concerned. So its hard to believe the card doesn't fit properly if the motherboard has the slot.

What specific card did you get? The 7600GS comes in both AGP and PCIe

Is there a reason why you are reluctant to tell us? Take pics if possible, because there is no reason AGP/AGP wouldn't fit properly. Nobody said anything about pins, keys and slots were mentioned, no pins. If there are pins then you aren't even talking about a video card.

very sry about that im not really good with computers you are right they are not pins i was thinking of something else yes the key and slot are fine nothing wrong with them they fit ok but a tiny bit loose i dont even know if its because its loose that it doesnt work or that the gfx card is faulty i will return it to PC world and get the same one and try that one out. The one i already fitted in, when u turn on the CPU the fan starts spinning but nothing shows up on the screen i tried installing the drivers first then installing the gfx card still no good results. i have all the requirements needed the gfx card is compatible with my PC. Thankyou for all your help and if anyone does know the correct problem then please tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back