*Problem* PC keeps restarting >>Help Needed<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i installed power dvd and it tells me to restart so i do. Then when i log in i see power scan pop up which ive had a few times, i beleive its adware or soemthing. Anyway pc crashes then restarts with no warning..never happened before but ok. I try logging in again. Im on for like 2 seconds and it cuts me off and does the same thing. I get no error messages its just an endless cycle. Theres no way i can run any virus scanners becuase it doesnt let me in long enough. Ive heard of repairing windows but whn i attempted this it told me i would have two OS on my harddrive which is asking for trouble! So i didnt want to lose all my data on my hardrive. Please any help? im totally clueless :(

Oh and my fan is working fine. Ive never experienced this problem before. Anything i can do without logging in to sort this out?

tried removing power supply then plugging in again to try and see if it made a difference but no. It still cuts me off and im not connected to the internet. This is a second pc

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode? That loads only the essential drivers/ components. If it is a problem with a recent software installation, that might help. It could also give you access to your Event Manager where you might be able to see why it has been crashing.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

i repeatedly tap f8 thats how you go safe mode right? it gives me the option to choose what drive i want to boot from. no safe mode option :( I was getting low ram or low memory pop ups from my pc before it restarted. Could this be why? im in the process of hoovering out my pc in the hope that this helps..see what ive been reduced to?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back