Problem restoring XP Ghost image

Status
Not open for further replies.

chow1012

I noticed that there was some wierd things going on with my WinXP so I tried to restore a Ghost image which I made 2 months ago. I started the process from within WinXP. For some reasons, my PC reboot part way through the restoring process. I didn't have WinXP anymore. So I used my startup diskette to start Ghost. However, after the system bootup, I could only see drive C. My hard disk has 3 partitions, C, D and E. All of them were NTFS. My Ghost images were stored in D.

I used the Partition Magic rescue disk to look at the hard disk. Both D and E were still there.

Now, how can I restore my image which is in drive D? At first I thought by using a diskette to boot up the system, may be I can't see NTFS. But C is also NTFS and I can see it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Should I be able to see NTFS partitions if I boot up with XP formatted system diskette?
I did suspected hardware failure before I tried to restore a Ghost image. When I started my PC, it usually booted 2 to 3 times before it stablized and showed the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back