Problem Unknown, Completely Baffled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disturbed88

ok, so on thursday night i turned my pc off as it was pretty hot and i wasnt going to be home and everything was running perfectly, i got home and turned it on and my screen stays in standby like mode and my pc doesnt load up. i tried unplugging all my hdds and just startin up with my system hdd left in but i had the same result.i tried taking everything out and just leaving my system hdd, dvd drive and gfx card but it still had the same result.i also checked all my connections and looked over my mobo carefully and everything seems to be fine so far as i can tell. no one else was home for the time i was gone and we had no thunderstorms the night i was gone. if anyone has any inkling as to what it could be i would be so grateful as i only just got my pc running again after a very long battle(almost 2 months) of up and downtime due to Win32.Vitro.

Cheers

EDIT: i forgot to add that my main hdd does spin up and the hdd led on my case stays on like its loading for a long time then goes to a very dull light and thats all it does.

Well, it seems strange and weird, but try to check your display unit very well or u try another display. Well, all i can recommend now is a general procedural troubleshooting.

ok i took out my gfx card and plugged my lcd into the dvi slot on my mobo and started up to the same results but then i tried the old blue slot(the tech name escapes me lol) and it started up perfectly. so now im worried something has happend to my gfx card which i find hard to believe as its not very old and although it gets used alot ive never overclocked it or let it get over 80c temp, plus its an 8800GTS which even these days arnt cheap :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back