Problem when adding another RAM

abbasi

Hi all,

I have an ECS mobo with 1 GB RAM. I'm going to add another 1 GB RAM. The current RAM is Kingston and another is Apacer. When adding the Apacer into RAM slot of the mobo, the computer doesn't show anything. I replaced the Kingston's slot with the Apacer but again the PC doesn't come up and doesn't show anything.
What is the problem please?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 6
You said you replaced the Kingston with the Apacer. Meaning the Kingston is no longer in the system, and it didn't boot with the Apacer memory?

Is the Kingston frequency and timing the same as the Apacer? (I could tell the Apacer is PC2-6400 but that was all I could make out)

I may not be the best help with memory issues, but I can ask a few questions and see where it leads.

You said you replaced the Kingston with the Apacer. Meaning the Kingston is no longer in the system, and it didn't boot with the Apacer memory?

Is the Kingston frequency and timing the same as the Apacer? (I could tell the Apacer is PC2-6400 but that was all I could make out)

I may not be the best help with memory issues, but I can ask a few questions and see where it leads.
Yes, It didn't.
I don't have any knowledge about the specs of the RAMs.

Specs on the Apacer RAM:
Manufacturer Apacer Tech
Manufacturer Part # AU01GE800C5KBGC
Memory Type DDR2 SDRAM
Capacity 1GB
Pins 240 Pin
Bus Type PC-6400
Error Correction ECC
Cycle Time 5ns
Cas CL6
Data Transfer Rate 800Mhz
Memory Clock 200Mhz
Voltage 1.8

As for the Kingston RAM - I need a less blurred photo of the information on the RAM to determine its specs.
As it stands right now, I'm thinking that the Apacer ram is defective. You do have a Dual channel motherboard, so two sticks of RAM in at the same time will make it run the way it is meant to be effective. Looking at a picture of your motherboard I would suggest making sure that you put the two sticks in the same colored RAM slots (Orange or Purple, not one orange/one purple). I'm not sure which is your RAM slot 1 and 3, but you could refer to the manual if you are unsure.

Back