Problem with ASUS mobo system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

Im having a problem building a new system and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Full specs are as follows:

Athlon 64 4000+ SanDiego
A8N-SLI Premium
1Gb Crucial Ballistix PC4000 DDR
XFX GeForce 6600GT 256Mb
WD Raptor 74Gb (ill add a storage drive later)
FSP Blue Storm 400W PSU
Mitsumi FA401 FDD
NEC ND354 DVD-RW
Thermaltake Tsunami case

It all looks fine, but on power up there is no post. The fans, DVD, HDD all have power so i dont think its the PSU but there is nothing showing on the monitor, no power to the keyboard/mouse - nothing! The LED on the mobo is lit green which its supposed to be.

The case doesnt have a speaker so i cant find out if anythings going wrong via the diagnostic beeps.

Ive unplugged and reconnected everything which didnt help, tried to startup with minimal components - no memory no drives etc. still the same problems.

I really have no idea what to do, Ive never seen this before and ive built a few systems. Can anyone help me??? Is my mobo dead :'(

If you disconnect everything except the CPU, RAM - just one stick, video card and the two power connectors (re-confirm that you hooked up TWO connections to your motherboard from the PSU) it still doesn't work?

Can you test your PSU and ram in anothter system?

I don't think 400W is enough,but ya never know
I would start with the cpu not being sitted right
then I would check the memory stick
reset bios jump they may have factory tested with a diff memory stick and that will cause no post as well
and the infamous, forgot to plug that one in, thing

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies, heres an update on what ive tried;

Ive reseated the CPU, no bent pins, looks fine.
I tried the barebones, CPU, 1 stick, video and still no luck.
I tried 1 stick in all 4 DIMMs

Im pretty sure 400W is ok, asus reccomends a min of 350W for a system like mine so 400W should be alright, oh and yes, i have both the 24 and 4 pin power connected, even tried the sli molex too just incase.

Good point about the factory mem test Sam, I hadnt thought of that. Ill clear cmos and try everything again.

Hopefully i can "borrow" a friends PC to test the mem and cpu in, i dont have any A64 compatible machines around atm to test myself.

Youre probably right about the speaker Don, ill try to get one sorted :)

Thanks for the advice guys, ill try the tests i said but im getting a feeling its a doa :'(

Well, good news!

You were bang on samstoned, clearing the cmos worked a treat.

thanks for the good advice :)

try re-seating the rams to slot 1 and 3. not sure what is the color but i solved my problems this way. oh yea if you have a speaker that will sound like beep..........beep..........beep......... continuosly ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back