TechSpot

Problem with ati radeon 9550 AGP(4x/8x) 256mb

By XdarkheartzX
Aug 11, 2006
  1. Just bought a ati radeon 9550 graphic card to replace with my abit siluro nvidia geforce4 mx 440 64mb graphic card. Everytime i finish installing the k-lite codec pack and play some movies or animes, my computer restarts. I did remove some of my programs from my old card, but not sure is this the reason. Really need help here.

2. XdarkheartzX

XdarkheartzX TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok 8 people visit this topic and didnt post any help. I really need help on it. Please

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

Did u try updating the video card's drivers?

4. XdarkheartzX

yes its up to date. I know that i didnt deleted all the stuff from my old card, is that the problem?

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Yes it is most likely to be the problem. Use Driver Cleaner Pro to competely wipe out the previous video card drivers and then re-install the latest Catalyst drivers. U can Google for the program.

6. XdarkheartzX

Yup it worked. I just install a new window xp which removed the rest of the programs from my old card. Thanks for the help

7. Rage_3K_Moiz

Anytime mate. Oh and BTW,
    Welcome to TechSpot!

8. XdarkheartzX

Thanks,

one question. Can i replace my intel pentium 4 1.6ghz chip with a better chip(3.0ghz chip) without buying a new motherboard?

9. Rage_3K_Moiz

What motherboard do you have? Post the make and chipset type and I'll try and help you out.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.