TechSpot

Problem with ati radeon 9550 AGP(4x/8x) 256mb

By XdarkheartzX
Aug 11, 2006
  1. Just bought a ati radeon 9550 graphic card to replace with my abit siluro nvidia geforce4 mx 440 64mb graphic card. Everytime i finish installing the k-lite codec pack and play some movies or animes, my computer restarts. I did remove some of my programs from my old card, but not sure is this the reason. Really need help here.

2. XdarkheartzX

XdarkheartzX TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok 8 people visit this topic and didnt post any help. I really need help on it. Please

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,429   +27

Did u try updating the video card's drivers?

4. XdarkheartzX

yes its up to date. I know that i didnt deleted all the stuff from my old card, is that the problem?

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Yes it is most likely to be the problem. Use Driver Cleaner Pro to competely wipe out the previous video card drivers and then re-install the latest Catalyst drivers. U can Google for the program.

6. XdarkheartzX

Yup it worked. I just install a new window xp which removed the rest of the programs from my old card. Thanks for the help

7. Rage_3K_Moiz

Anytime mate. Oh and BTW,
    Welcome to TechSpot!

8. XdarkheartzX

Thanks,

one question. Can i replace my intel pentium 4 1.6ghz chip with a better chip(3.0ghz chip) without buying a new motherboard?

9. Rage_3K_Moiz

What motherboard do you have? Post the make and chipset type and I'll try and help you out.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.