Problem with audio and drivers

By Tempest
Apr 3, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. The problem began when I noticed my music was strangely only playing the instrumental parts and not the singing. Then I realized that the audio of voices was all garbled so I rolled back my Realtec HD Audio drivers and it still didn't work. Then I ended up uninstalling realtec and reinstalling it. Now my audio is not all garbled but is so quiet that I can only vaguely make it out. In addition Realtec has been replaced by something called 'High Definition Audio Device' and I can't find Realtec anywhere. Any advice welcome. Saw that this info was helpful on another thread so I'll paste it below:

Not Available ROOT\SYSTEM\0001 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?
  3. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,530   +288

I'm wondering if you have replaced some of your motherboard specific drivers with Microsoft 'basic' drivers.

+++ WER3 +++:
    Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: PnPGenericDriverFound
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0
    Problem signature:
    P1: x64
    P2: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1462D885&REV_1003

There are 9 different products with the description, so you will have to select the right one.

The good news is that the audio driver I looked at for one of these boards is within the last month, so it may be better than what you had before.