Problem with audio on a Toshiba tecra 9000

By El_Javo
Oct 5, 2006
  1. Hi guys, I joined up because I've got a Laptop problem and I found so much info from experienced techies here.

I've got an:

Laptop Toshiba Tecra 9000
    ntel Pentium III
    1.3 GHz
    512 MB of RAM
    Windows 2K

This is my issue:

Sound has been working great. Used it everyday, No sound at the welcome screen. Played a video on Windows Media player, no sound.

Opened up the Portatil to look at the Sound Card, and I have an attached sound card. Can't be loose right?
    Restarted the PC and still I'm having the same problem with my sound card.

Windows states " active mixer devices available..." when attempting to open the master volume control. Under SOUNDS AND AUDIO DEVICES PROPERTIES, windows indicates "No Audio Device" Under DEVICE MANAGER,: This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

bought a new sound card thinking that the problem was the SC, and nothing happens, I reinstall the OS with W XP SP2 and still. Same problem.

I also try to install it as a new device using one from Microsoft, but did’n work, so my problem is that.
    What to do? Thanks all for your patience.

2. El_Javo

El_Javo TS Rookie Topic Starter

Audio Issues

i got thie message: There no active Mixer devices available. You may install mixer devices from Add/Remove Hardware wizard in the Control Panel.
    This application will now exit.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.