Problem with CanonScan Lide 500F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmey

Problem with CanoScan Lide 500F (Solved)

Hello all,
I've been using this scanner for over two years now and there have never been problem before but now when I scan and tick on the "Displey the scanner driver" (where it allow me to select what I like to scan first) there is a message say:

There is not enough free disk space to complete the scan.
Scanner driver will be closed.
Code: 31,0,0

and it closes.

Why is it like that? What can I do to solve this problem? It's really disficult to scan without seeing what I'm scanning.

I've cleaned up my disk space and it has over 9GB free space.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Rasmey

Hello Kimsland,

I do CCleaner and deleted the file it suggested but still I couldn't solve the problem.
Anymore suggestion please?

Rasmey

Uninstall the scan driver fully (usualy in Add/remove programs)
Then re-install again (connect the scanner when requested during the install)

Hi kimsland,

I uninstall the scan driver as suggest and then reinstall it again but it still doesn't work. What can I do now?

Yes, still the same message. I just can't understand it. If I scan without viewing the document first, it's fine. If I scan using OmniPage (scanning as word document) it works alright. Only when I choose to Displey the scanner driver that the message pop up and program is closed automatically.

It's driving me crazy. Please help.

Rasmey

Both Twain and WIA Drivers have been updated as of 06/27/2008
Did you do do the above, in my last post?

Uninstall (using uninstall tool - link provided), then install new driver (link provided)

I did the uninstall but it doesn't seem to remove anything at all.
Now I'm trying to download the driver but it's taking too long. Can't I use the CD driver which come with my scanner?

How do I do that?
I download this WIA Driver - CanoScan LiDE500F Scanner WIA Driver Ver. 1.2.1.2a for Windows XP. It say 49 MB but when I click agree and download the total file is only 502KB. I run it and now the scanner doesn't work any more. When I scan it say Unable to selct TWAIN source.

Rasmey said:
How do I do that?
I download this WIA Driver - CanoScan LiDE500F Scanner WIA Driver Ver. 1.2.1.2a for Windows XP. It say 49 MB but when I click agree and download the total file is only 502KB. I run it and now the scanner doesn't work any more. When I scan it say Unable to selct TWAIN source.

.49 MB

That's POINT49meg (ie half a meg!)

I'll wait for the outcome of the twain driver install
The only worry after that, is the software (Omnipage) but you say that's Ok
So I think it must be driver issue

Kimsland, it's work!!!
Everything is fine now. I can view and scan alright. Everything else is working properly too.
Thank you very very much! You're wonderful! :grinthumb

Thanks also for explaining about the measure thing. I must confess that I have very little knowledge about this. Fortunately we have this forum where there're lots of smart, skillful and generous people to help around.

Rasmey

Thanks for the update :)

You can remove (delete) those driver downloads and scan with CCleaner, and remove all that temp accumulated stuff.

All done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back