TechSpot

Problem with Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop display, bluetooth card

By GNS1310
Sep 16, 2009
  1. Had a little...incident...with the laptop. It got dropped..pretty hard..drunk sibling...fight...dont wanna discuus it really...
    Took it apart, like I did a couple months ago to replace the motherboard...the wireless card was/is loose, and the bluetooth card fell out. Tightened up the wireless card, but dont know where the bluetooth card goes?
    I turned on the laptop before taking it apart after the "incedent" to see what worked, if anything. It started up fine, well, it sounded fine...but I couldnt see anything. Took a closer look with the lights off and could barely see the screen. Was real dark, but there. I do have some vertical lines running thru the screen, so thats getting replaced soon anyways.
    So...where do I plug in the bluetooth card, and whats the deal with the monitor? Loose connection? Completely shot? What can I look for in terms of loose connections etc as I put this back together? Any other tips or help? Thanks a lot.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,987   +168

What is this laptop's make and model?

3. GNS1310

GNS1310 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 123

Dell Inspiron 9300.
    Its the Bluetooth card. I knew I'd seen it before, goes in the side of the laptop, kinda hidden away. Its never been taken out, but I kinda recognized the size and shape of it, just couldnt figure out where i'd seen it. I popped it back in last night. I took the screen out, everything looks fine but I'm guessing if I put it all together its not going to work. I think I'm going to find and buy a new screen today (like I said, I had a dozen or so of the vertical lines going thru it, was getting replaced shortly anyways.) Everything looks to be ok, a few small pieces broke off, nothing major. Like I said it started up ok, I could hear it, just couldnt see it. I might put it all together, see what happens, the screen would be easy enough to put on and take back off.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.