TechSpot

Problem with dell latitude d610

By dimabrahim
Jan 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hello
    I m so confused,my laptop does not work, I tried the battery too but the same resaults , I checked the AC adapter on the ather laptop & it s fine , affter doing same research I found that there samething wrong with the motherboard how can I test it & fix it.
    thank you

2. verneronomous

verneronomous TS Rookie Posts: 66

What doesnt work? Turning on? Blue Screen? Virus? Need a little more detail to resolve the issue. Thanks.

3. dimabrahim

dimabrahim TS Rookie Topic Starter

exactly like dead
    LED on the AC Adapter goes out as soon as the adapter is plugged in and the battery is not usefull too.

4. verneronomous

More than likely it is the AC adpater on the motherboard itself. It more than likely needs to be replaced which is not the easiest thing to do. Since it is onboard youll have to re-solder the connection which is not easy. The only other thing to test would be a new battery but if you know the power supply is good there are only two other things to rule out. Sorry ,an doesnt sound good!! Good Luck!

5. dimabrahim

dimabrahim TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you for reply

6. verneronomous

Anytime I wish I had better news for you but it does happen. Have a great day!!

7. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,987   +168

It's actually an AC jack. Sometimes they are soldered to the motherboard, and sometimes they are plugged in and easy to replace

8. verneronomous

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
  9. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,715   +89

You should always have multi-meter tester for AC/DC electronics. Test the adapter current volts and amps readings. Sure takes out the guess work. PSU cord adapter those can goes bad and you can get a replacement at any electronic store with computer department. Or you can now get Large ANKER 20,000 mAh 19v battery with it's own PSU charger that will turn on your laptop this is good to test too see if both the OEM battery and PSU adapter is faulty or duff (bad).

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.