Problem with dell latitude d610

Hello
I m so confused,my laptop does not work, I tried the battery too but the same resaults , I checked the AC adapter on the ather laptop & it s fine , affter doing same research I found that there samething wrong with the motherboard how can I test it & fix it.
thank you

More than likely it is the AC adpater on the motherboard itself. It more than likely needs to be replaced which is not the easiest thing to do. Since it is onboard youll have to re-solder the connection which is not easy. The only other thing to test would be a new battery but if you know the power supply is good there are only two other things to rule out. Sorry ,an doesnt sound good!! Good Luck!

It's actually an AC jack. Sometimes they are soldered to the motherboard, and sometimes they are plugged in and easy to replace

Last edited by a moderator:
You should always have multi-meter tester for AC/DC electronics. Test the adapter current volts and amps readings. Sure takes out the guess work. PSU cord adapter those can goes bad and you can get a replacement at any electronic store with computer department. Or you can now get Large ANKER 20,000 mAh 19v battery with it's own PSU charger that will turn on your laptop this is good to test too see if both the OEM battery and PSU adapter is faulty or duff (bad).

Back