Problem with flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I have a Iball 1gb pendrive. My proble is that i can not keep any files into it.
when i try to copy/cut any file/folder from my hard disk and try to paste
it inside the pendrive, it is showing a "Can not copy<file/folder name>: The disk is write protected" and "Remove the write protection or use another disk".

I do not remember if i had made this one write protected or not. Please suggest me what to do. This is a new pen drive and i had never kept files/folders inside it.

Please suggest me how to remove the write protected option

There should be a physical switch on the drive to enable or disable write protection as long as your drive has the feature.

If it's a new drive I assume you've layed a file structure down on it? Open "My Computer", right click on the drive and click "Format...". Do not choose the "Quick Format" option. I can't see why you'd be getting a write protection error without having formatted, but hey, worth a shot.

If you haven't got the switch and formatting the drive doesn't do anything, you might want to look into getting it replaced.

Got to the website of the manufacturer, and seek help on restoring the flash drive. It is probably a goner, but some manufacturers will replace or repair or reformat them... in the first year of ownership

"Hello Friends,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions . Now the pen drive is working
I had contacted the technical department from www (dot) iball(dot)co(dot)in and they solved the problem. Today i had mailed him about the problem and Sagar Saha (One from their tech. dept.) replied that mail so quickly.

As for the instruction i had downloaded the utility software from theire website and format the drive using that. Now its working well.

Thanks a lot for your co-operation.

Mitrabhanu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back