TechSpot

Problem with FSAA and GF4

By steve-o
May 25, 2002
  1. Whenever I enable FSAA, I get this weird streaking at the right hand side of the screen in some games. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

I've tried all the Det's that work with GF4 but it still wont disappear with FSAA. My system is a P4 1.6@2.24 with a SiS Chipset. The GF4 is the Leadtek Ti4400 @ 310/650, the problem still occurs when I don't overclock aswell.

Any help appreciated
    [​IMG]

2. TS | Crazyace

TS | Crazyace TS Rookie Posts: 329

drivers
    try different ones

3. steve-o

steve-o TS Rookie Topic Starter

My post
    re-read it :p

4. Tweakster

Tweakster TS Rookie Posts: 224

Is this card New, overclocked and getting enough air ? Maybe the cards at fault and needs fixing.

5. Tedman

Tedman TS Rookie Posts: 61

Bah who needs FSAA anyway LOL. :bounce:

6. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

Guess you could chjeck for a BIOS update for the card, perhaps even motherboard too. Does it affect all the FSAA modes or only certain ones?

7. steve-o

All of them, and in Direct3D only, which is weird, because I noticed it in CS. Running that in OGL now so thats fixed, but I still think it's strange.

Latest BIOS for the motherboard is already installed, and I don't fancy updating the GF4 Ti 4400 BIOS.

8. Tedman

Tedman TS Rookie Posts: 61

I know this sounds stupid, but how much power does your PSU have?

9. steve-o

400W
    3 hdd's and one dvd drive.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.