Problem with GFX card

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
My mobo seems to think that my AGP gfx card is a PCI card. Also i cant get a score any higher then 4000 on 3DMark03, which for my specs i guess is quite a low score.
I have got a fresh XP installation and the lastest 56.64 Nvidia Driver for the gfx card.
How can i get my mobo to recognise that my AGP card is not PCI? I'm guessing this has something to do with the performance loss..but perhaps it could be because of something else.!?

ABIT IC7-MAX3 ( standard BIOS settings )
2x512MB DDR400 DUAL
P4 2.8ghz L2 512
western digital 120GB IDE HDD
Abit siluro 5900 AGP8x
Inspire 5100 sound card
DVDRW

I may sound like an *****, but in bios u can change your video primary interface to agp? check it out?
Also, 56.64 are not the "latest" drivers, not that THAT will make much of a difference.

Personally...I'm bout to give up on Nvidia and give ATi a shot......

Make sure that the initial display is set to agp.
Enter your bios (usually press the delete key just after the boot process starts) and look under advanced settings tab for the line that says : Init Display First
It should say AGP. If not then change it.
Select the value and use Page Up --- Page Down key to change it.

Sorry about the simple minded instructions, but your Bio didn't mention your level of experience...:>)

firsdt go to run-then dxdiag and do the directx test if you have skipping or stopping you may have a bad chip
bt the way gforce in my opinion is the better card had 9600xt and i hated it

5900 Ultra: not a bad card. ;)

you should be scoring around 5000 something with your card, i think. i get around the mid to high 5000's with my 9800pro. the 5900 Ultra and 9800pro are comparable cards so they should be pretty close.

just wondering:

did you install the motherboard drivers?

did you disable antialiasing and aniostropic filtering in the nvidia control panel?

make sure to not have any unnecessary background apps or processes running when you are running 3dmark03. maybe they are slowing your computer down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back