TechSpot

Problem with Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

By deluxman
Mar 26, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello tech guys!

I just finished assembling my gaming rig, using the above motherboard, E6750, Ultra 500watt PSU, Corsair 2X1Gb and 80Gb IDE Hitachi, Samsung DVD burner, Ultra Mid-ATX tower, 2 thermaltake fans.

After everything assembled, it won't turn on. First thought, was motherboard. So return and get a replacement from Newegg, still does not work. So second guess is the Ultra PSU, so Ultra send me a replacement and still won't power up. I had built 2 PCs before and never had a problem like this. Any idea what would be wrong with my PC?

I tested the PSU with my other PC and it works fine so my only guess is the motherboard or the casing but I really can't believe if the motherboard is the culprit since I already had a second replacement.

Any help or suggestions to trouble shoot my mobo would be appreciated.

Based on Newegg reviews, some people had problems with this mobo...

Thanks!
  2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,060   +84 Staff Member

Remove/detach every device apart from the RAM, CPU, PSU and motherboard and see if you get a response. If you do, add devices back into the loop slowly until you find the culprit. If you're absolutely positive that everything is fully seated/properly connected, and you're still not getting a response try different RAM and then a different CPU.

You're using stand-offs for the motherboard and it's not being grounded at all right?

*Edit*

Woo, I beat kimsland for once :D.
  3. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Bench Test may be the way to go

edit:

wow now that's quick!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.