TechSpot

Problem with Internet and PC

By Ultiweap
Sep 10, 2008
  1. Hi everyone,

I'm using Windows XP Pro SP3 on an HP Compaq dx2300 Microtower. My problem is that some page can't be open sometimes while using the PC for more than 1 or 2 hours. This problem does not arrive everytime but frequently. I can open some website but some I can't even I deleted my cache, disconnect my internet connection and reconnect it still don't work. The only way for it to work is that I restart my PC and then it is ok and after some hours the problem come back sometimes.

I even use different browser to try opening it but still the same problem. I used Mozilla Firefox, IE7, Opera and Google Chrome and the same, I need to restart for it to work.

I attached a Hijack File with the post.
    Thanks in advance for any help
    I hope someone will be able to help me with that.

Attached Files:

2. Ultiweap

Ultiweap TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 606

Please someone help this is becoming very annoying...

3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

I looked through the HijackThis log. Based on that:
    Please re-open HiJackThis and scan. Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below.

This can be removed also. I have given information so you will understand what it is and does:
    Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked. Close HiJackThis. Reboot.

A note on some of the removals: The processes may appear to be legitimate. However, some of the information to verify that is missing. A note on O21 - ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad: PostBootReminder -
    PostBootReminder>Description A variant of the Nuwar/Storm worm dropper. Note: Located in \%WINDIR%\System32\

Please run Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware as directed below. When through, scan with HijackThis again, attach ALL logs:
    Follow Step 4 Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Step 5 Step 5 SuperAntiSpyware Home Edition Free Version:
    Here http://www.techspot.com/vb/post645589-1.html

4. Ultiweap

Hi,

Thanks for your help,

Due I used another program to make the Hijacklog some things were different when I then use HijackThis so now this is the log from HijackThis program.

Sorry for inconvenience
    Armand

5. Bobbye

The log is suppose to look different. If you followed the direction, you had HijackThis remove some entries. Did you go to the site I left and run the two programs- MalwareBytes and SuperAntispyware?

This sounds like a RAM problem, possibly heat also. Technically you have enough RAM, but if it is faulty, you're going to have to reboot to free up RAM for a while 1-2 hours, then continue doing it. You can run memtest to check the RAM:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Have you notice any particular sites that won't open, secure sites, for instance? That can be due to a security setting. It can also be due to the firewall being incorrectly configured.

6. Ultiweap

Yes I did and now it work well thanks a lot man...

7. Bobbye

You're welcome. Let us know if you need more help.

8. Ultiweap

Ok no problem will do...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.