Problem with IS7-V2 board(Abit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I just cleared the CMOS on a Abit IS7-V2 motherboard. And when i restarted my system there was no display on my monitor. I checked my graphic card and also tested the board with another card but in vain. Also after the POST didnt heard any beep. Any help will be vert welcome.
Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What made you clear the cmos in the first place? Did you make sure you were properly grounded?

Check that everything is connected and seated correctly. You may have disturbed something when you cleared the cmos.

If that doesn`t help. Disconnect anything not required to boot your computer. Just leave the psu/mobo/cpu/1 stick of ram/video card. Try and start your computer.

Regards Howard :)

Hi Howard. I cleared the CMOS because there was a check sum error though i change the battery to a new one. The computer was malfunctioning from the start like; shutting down with no reason; no display thouht the pc was running and it freeze when the BIOS was loading. Do you think a misconfiguration of the electricity supply may have cause this like the earth wire not well prepared.
Thanks.

If it`s a bad earth, it could`ve caused any amount of damage.

If you`ve tried what I suggested and still can`t get your system to boot. I suggest you`ve got a bad psu/mobo and an outside chance of a bad cpu.

Try another psu first.

Regards Howard :)

Hi. Well the psu is ok but what i did is i dumped the pc to the retailer and they will what can be done. THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back