Problem with my Advent 7077 Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello people,

I'm Stephen and boy am I glad to have found this site!

For the last week or so my laptop has been giving me some grief and is driving me insane.

It's approx 18 months old, Pentium 4, 3.4Ghz, 512 RAM and 80Gb

More often than not, when I turn it on, it won't start up. I'm often left with a black screen and nothing happens. For some reason i've noticed that if I press the F12 button a few times it will eventually start but then may just switch off.

Other times it will start up then make a bleeping noise a few times then switch off.

Or (yes there's another one!!) it will start up normally, work for a few minutes then freeze and switch itself off.

I was actually in the middle of writing this message last night when one it just cut out on me, hence why i'm retyping it today.

I eventually got it to startup and work ok so I ran a virus check through Norton and nothing was found.

Can anybody give me any advice - other than chucking it out of the window of my 3rd floor flat?

Regards,
Stephen

Sounds more like a hardware issue, but just to be safe, check your event viewer (Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event viewer). Look under the System area for any errors and post the EVENT ID, SOURCE, DESCRIPTION of any errors.

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for coming back to me.

There are a few errors listed. They are as follows:

1001 - Dhcp
1002 - Dhcp
10010 - DCOM
7034 - Service Control Manager

The other errors listed are mixture of all of the above.

There are also quite a few Warning messages such as:

256 - PlugPlayManager
240 - Win32K
4226 - Tcpip

Do they mean anything?

Thanks,
Stephen

Can somebody help me?? Please!!!!!

stephenr said:
Hi Gavin,

Thanks for coming back to me.

There are a few errors listed. They are as follows:

1001 - Dhcp
1002 - Dhcp
10010 - DCOM
7034 - Service Control Manager

The other errors listed are mixture of all of the above.

There are also quite a few Warning messages such as:

256 - PlugPlayManager
240 - Win32K
4226 - Tcpip

Do they mean anything?

Thanks,
Stephen

Does anybody have any ideas on the problem i've got???

Thanks,
Stephen

Thank you Gavin........!! Seriously though, I don't believe the problem is to do with the internet - or is it????

I tend to have the problem in main when actually getting my laptop to start but sometimes like this morning, it took 3 attempts to get it going then when it finally did start working I launched Internet Explorer and within seconds it had frozen then started bleeping and switched off.
And this seems to be the common problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back