Problem with new graphics cards

Aerts J

Hey all,

My new computer is a "Medion Akoya P5202-E" With art number: 10017445
(windows 8)
It has an NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 graphic card.
Original Psu 350w

My old computer is a "Emachine EL1700"
(windows vista)
Original Psu: 220w

I have bought a Psu from 430w (to have a 6 pin connector for the GTX 650ti graphic card)
When installing this Psu in my EL1700 both graphic cards works fine

Now I have 2 brand new graphic cards:
1: NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 630
2: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 650TI (Asus
(Both cards WORKS on my old computer!)

Now the problem:
When installing the new Psu 430w into my medion computer everything works fine.
When I remove the graphic card from my new computer and put the 630 or the 650 in it the computer wont start (getting 1 long beep and 2 x short beep) this means problem with graphics card. Now I have retested my graphic cards in my old computer and they both works 100% fine. so there is a problem probably something within my computer settings? I have searched and searched but couldn't find any solution! so thats why I'm posting it here

I am from Belgium so forgive me for my bad grammar!

Any suggestion will be tried and I am 100% sure all cables are connected probably when I need to install my GT630 I don't even need to unplug any cables so thats not the problem!

The new computer comes with a GT 620, when I try to use my new GT 630 or GTX 650ti it starts beeping, but they work on an ancient computer

Did you read my topic because I mentioned it ?
Yeah, sorry man, wasnt thinking! It is odd since the 650Ti requires 400W and the GT630 doesnt even require a power connector. I am actually not sure :confused:. This is very odd.

Only thing I can think of it get problems with the eufi bios ?? My old computer has the normal bios so maybe I hhave to change something in the bios ??

My computer has the EUFI bios standard but I cant use my mouse I think I will look at it later on :D

That is not a UEFI BIOS. Medion uses cheaper boards since they are a 3rd party, so they wont have UEFI.

Problem solution:
first do change your OS to win 7
awuvcx.jpg

Then change these parameters to the ones u can see on the image below
v4yyi1.jpg

There you go now u can run your GTX650ti ! :D

Called with techsupport of my pc and after 6 people and 30€ prepaid card I had the solution :D
I have no idea why the os change it but it works all what counts :D

Called with techsupport of my pc and after 6 people and 30€ prepaid card I had the solution :D
I have no idea why the os change it but it works all what counts :D
Glad you got it solved man. Thanks for sharing your results.

Problem solution:
awuvcx.jpg

v4yyi1.jpg

I Just want to say a massive thanks to you sir for helping solve my issue which was this. I bought a cheap home pc (Medion A8 5500). This came with intergrated Radeon HD7560d Graphics and windows 8. I had a quite good graphics card in my old pc (GTX560ti) which I wanted to install in my new pc. I was having endless problems trying to install this card. I searched and searched and found lots of options and tried them all(not going to bore you with them all) but not one of the suggested solutions worked. This one did and all is well. Thanks you very much!!

I Just want to say a massive thanks to you sir for helping solve my issue which was this. I bought a cheap home pc (Medion A8 5500). This came with intergrated Radeon HD7560d Graphics and windows 8. I had a quite good graphics card in my old pc (GTX560ti) which I wanted to install in my new pc. I was having endless problems trying to install this card. I searched and searched and found lots of options and tried them all(not going to bore you with them all) but not one of the suggested solutions worked. This one did and all is well. Thanks you very much!!

Glad you solved it ;-)

I just line up in the queue of gratefule readers of this issue.
My graphic card was crashed when moving around with my furnitures. The HDMI connection broke, both the connection cable and the port in the card.
Bought an ASUS Geforce GTX 650, and when installed there were nothing but a black screen to be seen. And 1 long and 2 short beeps came from the motherboard.
My Medion Akoya P5220D with i5-3350P, 3.1 GHz born with Nividia Geforce GTX 650 was at no value.
After changing OS as described to OS win7/other and Advanced to Boot Option Filter: (UEFI only) all the suddenly the problems were solved. Only God knows how anyone found this out.
Thanks a lot.
Søren
from Aarhus Denmark

A million thanks for this solution. Just spent all day trying to install new amd 260 gpu into
a medion pc win 8 version. I had given up then found this.
Thanks again.

PB

Problem solution:
awuvcx.jpg

v4yyi1.jpg

Praise the lord and you, after five months! Of trying to get dual graphics and dual monitor to work I finny found this, thanks for everything, I can finally normally play gta v with my friend now, thxxxx

Problem solution:
awuvcx.jpg

v4yyi1.jpg

Yet another grateful thank you bud, I searched high & low to get an old ATI 5770 to work in the son's new Medion and was getting seriously frustrated. That was the last thing I would have tried (if at all).
He's now got an i3 4130, 8GB ram, 1 TB HD with Win8.1 for £175 from the local Asda with the future option to slap a 960 into it. I've swapped everything into his old (better ventilated) case with a 450W PSU. Well chuffed.

Back