Problem with online gaming

By formetopoopon90
Jan 30, 2007
  1. Hello everyone:wave:

I am having a problem with playing online games such as World of Warcraft and Counter Strike Source. Everything was working perfectly 3 days ago, and i havn't played these games until tonight. I clicked on the Steam desktop icon, and nothing happened. So i waited and then i clicked on the Counter Strike desktop item, and yet nothing happened. So i restarted my computer, and the same thing happened, i didn't even get the steam account window. I ran a virus, spyware, and registry edit scan and yet nothing was wrong. I reinstalled about 2 times, and the same thing happens. So i decided to just play wow, and when i got to the log in window, it says... " unable to validate game version, this may be caused by a corrupted file or another program interfering". I looked at my windows task manager, looked under processes, and it says that Steam is running at 14,000 K. This really confused me. The only new encounter i have had with my computer in the last week was that when i shut down, a window called "Hidden Window" will ask me if i want to end its task. I haven't done anything new to my computer, and i'm not a newb to computers, i'm studying for my A+ certification;) . The only start up apps i have is my anti virus and Microsoft apps. I have never had this problem. I tried surfing the web for this, yet i couldn't find anything. Could it have something to do with my port forwarding?, but i haven't messed with it. All help is welcome!! Thank you:wave:
  2. sw123

sw123 TS Rookie Posts: 595

Connection problem? Maybe some bad spyware or viruses....i dont know lol
  3. formetopoopon90

formetopoopon90 TS Rookie Topic Starter

lol. no my internet is working fine, and no spyware or viruses. Anyone else?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.