TechSpot

Problem with Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb

By pjohn
Jul 18, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am having a problem with my graphics card. It was working fine until I installed some new software (msoffice and a firewall) but now everytime I load up a game the screen flickers and small blocks appear. I tried to re install the ATI drivers but it didn't seem to work. I tested the direct3d drivers and there was a problem with the 7 point test (the 8 and 9 were fine). Any ideas as too what might be the problem and how to solve it? Do I need to install a newer version of directx? Thank you for any help.

EDIT: Forgot to mention some specs
    Using Microsoft XP pro
    AMD athlon xp 3200+ 400fsb processor
    ASUS A7N8X-X SKT A Nforce2 AGP mother board
    Thanks

pjohn

2. PZEROFGH

PZEROFGH TS Rookie Posts: 102

wow, i dont get it, i got my 9800 pro last week cause i heard it was good, and then while it was shipping i read a lot of bad reviews of like problems and im worried about that i should have went with the 6600 Gt, but then i got my card and still havent had a problem its been almost A WEEK TOO!

3. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,763

Uninstall the drivers and then install the new ones. Also make sure the cooling fan is working.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.