Problem with screen Hardware/Software?

I have been using this Sony Vaio for a long time and there is nothing wrong with. But when day I was playing a game then the screen just went weird. Look at the file (This is what happened)

Attachments

• This is what happened.jpg
    This is what happened.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 4
Still pretty much unclear, so I will guess...

Confirm that you have this 'orchid' on screen where no file of an orchid is loaded as your preference in 'Personalize'. It appears on every screen? Is the same or does it change and to what? Is fan working? Is there good flow through ventilation? Last internal cleanout was when?

First, try safe mode to see if issue remains - if it goes away, use DDU to remove all traces of old video driver and download and install new.

If it does not go away, then it is likely you have a hardware failure in the video sub-system. Check Device Manager for errors.

Please answer all questions and describe what you learn from each step in some detail. You are the 'eyes, ears and hands'.

Still pretty much unclear, so I will guess...

Confirm that you have this 'orchid' on screen where no file of an orchid is loaded as your preference in 'Personalize'. It appears on every screen? Is the same or does it change and to what? Is fan working? Is there good flow through ventilation? Last internal cleanout was when?

First, try safe mode to see if issue remains - if it goes away, use DDU to remove all traces of old video driver and download and install new.

If it does not go away, then it is likely you have a hardware failure in the video sub-system. Check Device Manager for errors.

Please answer all questions and describe what you learn from each step in some detail. You are the 'eyes, ears and hands'.

I have attached a full view of the screen
b4ere0.jpg

and this

wqjgy.jpg

This computer is a All-in one computer so I dont know how I will know if it appears on other screens.
everything is working fine I think so it normal.
I have cleaned this computer after is seen the screen like this internal clean.

Position mouse pointer in the center of an orchid and do a right click, select personalize and change background to a plain flat color. If color mix still appears, try safe mode to see if issue remains - if it goes away, use DDU to remove all traces of old video driver and download and install new.

Position mouse pointer in the center of an orchid and do a right click, select personalize and change background to a plain flat color. If color mix still appears, try safe mode to see if issue remains - if it goes away, use DDU to remove all traces of old video driver and download and install new.

Thanks for your help but it seems if there is a problem with the hardware but I am not sure can u confirm that?

So this is what it looks like in safe mode
34dsgpg.jpg
[/IMG]
34dsgpg.jpg

and this
10riwl4.jpg

This is what it looks like when it loading
35iaa2c.jpg

This is what it looks like when made it plain color
2uyrfyp.jpg

But this is what I found

15cm1bs.jpg

So now I think you will have an idea of the problem so if you think it a hardware problem can you tell me which part it is on so I will try and fix it if I can or do I have to go and give to a shop. Tell me what you think of the problem as well thx for your help.

Make a screen shot using printscreen and save it using Paint - examine using Paint on another machine - if issue is gone then problem is connector or the display.

Connect to external display to see if it goes away (if it does, problem is less likely to be GPU and more likely to be connection or the display)

Back