Problem with Toshiba Protege M200 lcd screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

warehouse678

Hello all,
I have a slight problem here :) I have a Toshiba Protege M200 tablet that I took out of storage the other day and when I went to boot up the lcd screen is not working. All I get is a black screen with multiple vertical colored lines across the screen. I do get video on a seperate monitor when I plug that in the back port. I thought it might be drivers or the BIOS and I updated both but still no luck. Here are the specs:

Toshiba Protege M200
1.50Ghz
768MB
NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 32M/64M
XP service pack 1

Thanks to anyone that can help me out with this problem. I really appreciate the help, and if there is anything else that you guys need as far as information let me know cause I probably left out some important obvious features.

Peace,
Joe

So if you use an external monitor, and go to display properties/settings, does it list two monitors? Does moving the screen affect anything? I suspect the connection to the screen may have come apart inside. You didn't drop it or crack the screen?

vnf4ultra said:
So if you use an external monitor, and go to display properties/settings, does it list two monitors? Does moving the screen affect anything? I suspect the connection to the screen may have come apart inside. You didn't drop it or crack the screen?
Yes it displays two monitors, and I don't recall ever dropping the device. No, moving the screen does nothing to the lines, but they do fade out if it's been on for about 10-15 minutes. It sounds like it could be the connection now that you mention it, but why would it all of a sudden just not work? Thanks for the input :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back