TechSpot

Problem with Toshiba Protege M200 lcd screen...

By warehouse678
Dec 28, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all,
    I have a slight problem here :) I have a Toshiba Protege M200 tablet that I took out of storage the other day and when I went to boot up the lcd screen is not working. All I get is a black screen with multiple vertical colored lines across the screen. I do get video on a seperate monitor when I plug that in the back port. I thought it might be drivers or the BIOS and I updated both but still no luck. Here are the specs:

Toshiba Protege M200
    1.50Ghz
    768MB
    NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 32M/64M
    XP service pack 1

Thanks to anyone that can help me out with this problem. I really appreciate the help, and if there is anything else that you guys need as far as information let me know cause I probably left out some important obvious features.

Peace,
    Joe
  2. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,195

So if you use an external monitor, and go to display properties/settings, does it list two monitors? Does moving the screen affect anything? I suspect the connection to the screen may have come apart inside. You didn't drop it or crack the screen?
  3. warehouse678

warehouse678 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Yes it displays two monitors, and I don't recall ever dropping the device. No, moving the screen does nothing to the lines, but they do fade out if it's been on for about 10-15 minutes. It sounds like it could be the connection now that you mention it, but why would it all of a sudden just not work? Thanks for the input :)
  4. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,195

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.