Problem with TV out on Radeon 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris86

I have a Sapphire radeon 9600 and i connected a SVHS cable from my card to my TV. I can not get a picture though. When i look at the "Display" tab from advanced settings ( of the display properteries), there is a red cross on the "cable picture" by the TV -picture. I guess the card does not recognize that i have a tv connected. I tried "force detection of my TV" in the "Troubleshoot" window but that did not help either.

Any thips?

Are you using the SVHS cable that came with the card, or another one you had lying around?

I had a similar problem some time ago when trying to connect my 9700pro to my VCR... It didn't work...

But when I finally found the original cable (man I never knew I had that many cables!), everything worked as it should...

Just a thought...

Are you sure there is a jumper on the card that controlls PAL/NTSC? In that case, that's probably the problem.

dont know if it is on the card??? i have a radeon 7000 and its on that, so im just assuming it is cos thats what the problem sounds like

Hi, there!

I'm having kind of the same problem with my 9600 retail lite version, only difference is I'm able to locate my tv by using "the force tv" option. The picture is, unfortunately, in a lower quality than when this is working correctly :(. The colors in the picture is either to much, to dark or to bright :)

I was wondering if you might have solved the problem with the tv-out on your sapphire card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back