problem with tv tuner plz help...

By alien_d123
Jan 31, 2006
  1. hi friendz i am new to this forum n hav problem wid my tv tuner car.
    1)i hav pixelview PV-BT878P+(Rev. 8E) i had got it frm one of my friend n it was widout the driver so i downloaded the driver from net n wen installed it every thing worked properly(i didnt attached the tv cable yet coz i hav to shift my pc to differ room to attached) but wen i tried to listen to radio i was able to tune to different radio channel but was not able to listen the voice dont noe pls help me wid dis prob.

    2)i had tried to attach my ps2 to my pc throught the tv tuner n i attached the video wire n i was able to view the video properly but i dont noe where to connect the audio wires?.the card has two small round slot named as audio in n audio out but they r different frm the one wich we hav in tv.

    pls help me wid dis prob
  2. N3051M

    N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

    ok. first off
    1) the sound needs to be pluged in to either a: your onboard motherboard connector (4 pins from the tv card to 4 pins used for the cd audio/aux audio.. refer to your mobo manual) or b: audio out -> line-in on your soundcard via a cable with 2 male 3.5mm heads (like the ones for normal headphones/speakers) or c: external speakers

    2) you will need to get an adaptor from an RCA to 3.5mm male jack.. electronics shops your best bet for them, they go in the audio in or if you want (soundcard) line-in or microphone.. if you're planning to record your ps2 games via the tv card plug the audio to the audio in jack so it will record the sound as well..
  3. alien_d123

    alien_d123 TS Rookie Topic Starter

    hi thx for ur help but i am not gud wid hardware so didnt understand many things.wat is 2male 3.55mm heads n 3.5mm male jack r they sum kinda connector if yes n wat is RCA.thx again
  4. N3051M

    N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

    yes.. a 3.5mm is the size of the jack, like the ones that is on the end of a headphones that you plug into something eg ipod or (see pic), male just means the thing that sticks out not the hole (hence male and female :D), 2xmale means both sides have the same connector. RCA is also another type of conector, usualy comes with a colour of red(meaning left), white(right), or yellow(video) for most devices (see pic), RCA ->3.5mm male jack is an adaptor or cable with a female rca side and a 3.5 on the other side
    you can purchase such things from your electronics shop or make it yourself if you want

    btw these images taken from dicksmith electronics down at Aus.. i dont have my camera to show you atm
  5. alien_d123

    alien_d123 TS Rookie Topic Starter

    see i hav to connect my ps2 to my pc so ihav got those tthree pins red,white n yello n i am able tyo connect the yellow one in the tv tuner but the tv tuner doesnt hav slot to attach the red n white ones instead it has two different slot called as audio in n audio out so wat should i do how should i connect my ps2 wid it n btw i am able to get the video of the ps2 on my pc properly.thx again
  6. N3051M

    N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

    connect the red one to the audio in.. otherwise you can get a stereo rca->3.5mm and plug both red&white into the adapter and then into audio in
  7. alien_d123

    alien_d123 TS Rookie Topic Starter

    THX dude really appreciate for ur gr8 help.
  8. N3051M

    N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

    no probs.. glad to help! :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add New Comment

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...