Problem with USB stick device?

By Hutintinch6
Dec 4, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hi I have this very strange problem with USB stick, unlike many other people my stick does get recognise by my PC and I AM able to write files or record music on it. BUT when I remove the stick from PC and re-insert it again folder name remains there but the contents are gone!! It says folder empty. Can anybody help me as I have limited knowledge about the technical side of it... Many Thanks in advance.
  2. Hutintinch6

Hutintinch6 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

hi, lol thats what i thought as well but problem is further on...its not just one memory stick! I have 3 memory stick 4 sd cards for mobile and they all doing exactly same. I can write on them, It reads while still connected but soon i take them off and re-try again and its gone. All there is left is folder name... but its empty...contents are gone. Media player come up with this error messege--

''Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error. This can occur when another program or operating system component encounters a problem but does not communicate the nature of the problem to the Player.

Any idea anyone??
  3. Hutintinch6

Hutintinch6 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

For a second i thought lets belibe all the sticks and cards are faulty so i thought let me try brand new memory stick and guess what problem continues but this time another different message i'm getting is :

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

I don't know someone have had same problem or not... can anybody help??

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.