Problem with USB..XP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been happening for over 2 month now.

My computer has problem detecting the printer port. Originall when i got it it was working fine. After a few weeks it stop detecting my printer and when i press print it would say printing error or cannot detect the printer. I bought a new cord and it looks like its 'fixed' only to notice one week after it stop working again. I have since purchased a new cord and still hasnt fixed it. I caolled Canon and they went through the process with me.. (my printer is ip4200) and they said theres a problem with my usb driver.

Heres a pictures of what happens when i plug it into my computer
untitled_1.jpg

My computer to printer is connected via a Type B usb connecter. Any ideas on how i could solve this problem? Iam on Window Xp Service Pack 2..My Motherboard is ASUS P4PE (intel 845PE)..if u want anymore info let me know.

As you can see here on device manager my computer cant recognise it..it is listed as unknown. I cannot install my driver (i tried unistalling/reinstalling in the hope of it wil lbe fixed) as during installing it cannot find the specified port. (i.e. it cant detect my printer)
untitled_2.jpg

remove all those devices for USB in your above picture and reboot the PC so windows can reload what it needs. Sometimes things get corrupted with USB and other things in the PC. I see you're using VISTA, isn't that still beta? With beta as you know things aren't stable yet...

Does the printer support Vista? This isn't out yet so you'll have to beta test as things might not work right as you have notice with your USB2 printer.. I did take a look you your image, but you might have to wait for the next release of VISTA or you printer manufacturer support the new OS when it offically release.

Na i dont think so..i have 64mb graphic card adn 512RAM so honestly lol no..Plug off every usb and replug it? I dont have any other usb plugged except for this one..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back