TechSpot

Problem with user names (accounts) in Windows XP Pro!!!!!!!!

By death
Dec 27, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Guys;

I have Windows XP Pro running on my computer. I have two user accounts on this windows. One is under "John" and other is under "Homer" (might seem funny, but this is for fun). I mostly use "John's" user account. When I go in 'C: Drive' and under 'Documents and Settings' I have both names (John and Homer), but all the files and things I saved under "John's" account are actually under "Homer's" account. I haven't used "Homer" account for couple of months now, so it doesn't have much saved on its Desktop; however, John's Desktop has lots of stuff saved on Desktop and in other folders. Why then all the stuff saved under "John's" account shows under "Homer's" account in Documents and Settings? :confused:

:unch: Also, anybody know how to change the computer name in Windows XP. I have set my computer name on my name, but I want to change that to some other name for privacy................

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
  2. J-D-Cronin

J-D-Cronin TS Rookie

Change Computer Name

To change your computer name go to:

Start/
    "Right Click" My Computer/
    Then Click on Properties/
    Go to the tab Computer Name/
    And For a final step click on Change to change your computer name :)

I hope that helps (This is my first time to post on this forum) :wave:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.